low-end octane2? (was: Re: [rescue] octane question)

bluecanary at shaft.shaftnet.org bluecanary at shaft.shaftnet.org
Mon Jan 21 02:24:54 CST 2002

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Dave McGuire wrote:

> > ACK! I'm not! Was that a requirement?
>
>   You know, I could get some serious mileage out of this, but I think
> I'll take it easy this time.  I don't wanna wake up the cat.

*grins*

> > Will do! Here's hoping I can avoid falling to temptation til I know more
> > about the critter.
>
>   Now where's the fun in that!  If you can talk the seller down to
> $125 or so, there's really no way it can be a bad deal, pretty much no
> matter what it is.
>
>       -Dave

If it's not a hassle, do you have advice on what either of the
possibilities you mentioned it sounded like (SS1000 or the other)
would be worth buying at? Though I can certainly try to haggle, and $125
would be ok for a random working thingy of Sun descent and 6 CPUs to play
with, I suppose. Or to use as a hard, unique extra chair... ;)

--Ariel