[rescue] Re: [SunHELP] Solaris 9, First thoughts

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sat Jan 19 23:27:03 CST 2002

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 12:12:49AM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On January 20, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > What I want to see is someone come up with a project that is written in
> > compiled lisp with an interpreter running on top.  I'm conceptually
> > exploring the idea of a transformational scheme compiler.
>
>   Ok, howbout this.  Why don't we set up a donation pool to BRIBE him to
> reach escape velocity from school? ;)

What are you talking about, we have already established that you don't have
any money, and Bill appears to be selling off machines out of finacial
desperation also.

Besides, that isn't a new idea.  It was worked on by Richard Kelsey (major
scheme guy until he went to the .com merry-go-round land) back in the '80s.
Subsequent work has been done on the idea as a way to optimize compilers
of various sorts.

Maybe it is time to go read some comic books, although I need to first
figure out why my sisters machine is acting FUBARed.  Contributions for
switching her to a saner mac would be appreciated.  Something that would
run AOL better than a P166 is a must (I can only get her to switch so many
things at the same time, and I dislike windows and intel more than I do
AOL).

--
Joshua D. Boyd