[rescue] Sequent info anywhere (on the web)?

William Enestvedt Will.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Fri Jan 18 14:06:10 CST 2002

> A *LOT* of us at one point in our lives pulled cable for a job or
> *ghasp* a living.  Its not that bad.

   I useta get all sweaty pulling network cable all the time, too, and had
fun at it (because it mant a day of not doing deskside support) -- but I
don't want to be doing work on the wiring of my house: that stuff can kill
you, whereas a mistake on cat5 will just degrade someone else's web
browsing!
   We wired my brother-in-law's new house before they closed up the walls,
and that was *fun*: Cat5, coax, and phones run every-freakin'-where, and
because it was still only studs, it was a piece of cake.
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator