[rescue] Sequent info anywhere (on the web)?

William Enestvedt Will.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Fri Jan 18 13:47:51 CST 2002

As I read Greg Woods' lengthy post about upgrading the electrical panel in
my basement (which, thank you, is still 100A), something dawned on me, so I
need ot say: Good lord, man, I don't have this relic in my *house* -- my
wife would kill me!
   This thing is actually at work, across the Data Center from our main Wang
[hee, hee], and I have to get it moved into our updated Data Center (which
previously wasn't provisioned for it -- I may just drop it in the spot
designated for a future-expansion HVAC unit which I'm hoping is already
wired for 220).
   Cripes, the little cape I live in only got hooked up for public sewers
within the last five years, and you want me putting a 200A panel in? Hell, I
helped my brother-in-law pull three new circuits to the *kitchen & bath*
when we bought the place last Fall! (which reminds me: after all the talk
about computer people and cars, what's the tie-in between computer people
and house-wiring? Personally, it scares me, but that's 'cause I can get
in-laws to do it for nothing. Anyone else?)
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator