[rescue] octane question

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Fri Jan 18 00:27:21 CST 2002

On Thu, 2002-01-17 at 20:43, s at avoidant.org wrote:
> Brian Hechinger wrote:
>
> > i would have to agree.  i've never beem impressed with any of the sun
> > machines i've had as workstations, with the exception of my sparc5, but
> > that thing was SO MUCH faster than my 386 that i didn't know how much
> > better things could be yet. :)
>

> Oh, I don't know. I'm quite happy with my Ultra 10/440. It compares
> quite favorably with any peecee I've used, including my dual P3/500.

What graphics card do you have in there?  I've got an Ultra 170E with a
Creator 2d here.  The machine is plenty fast enough, and it doesn't ever
get bogged down the way that x86/IDE boxen do, but man, the graphics
performance is pretty much on-par with my ATI Mach32 Graphics
Decellerator from my P-60 box.  At least the colours are good, and the
picture is stable.
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.