[rescue] octane question

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Jan 17 13:27:06 CST 2002

On January 17, Big Endian wrote:
> make sure you save the top slot (the EISA, but not GIO) for a 3c579.
> Those are the FastEtherlink EISAs that were OEM'd to Phobos for use
> in Indigo2s.  The Phobos drivers can be modified to work w/ the 3com
> card.  I'm going to grab one here for my self in a week or two.

  Is this an EPROM issue?  If so, does anyone have one of the Phobos
cards handy?  I could dupe the EPROMs...

  Of course, I'm SURE we're all using FDDI here...I'm sure there's
nobody on this list that would choose the "vastly techinically
inferior but more strongly marketed" technology over the "newer,
faster, better, but less understood and less heavily marketed"
technology....the logical extension of which being Microsoft
products. ;)

    -Dave

--
Dave McGuire