[rescue] octane question

James Sharp jsharp at psychoses.org
Thu Jan 17 12:26:51 CST 2002

> > support.  Basically, it realizes that multi-head displays should just be
> > treated exactly as if it was one 1600x600 display, so it does things like pop
> > up windows on one screen or the other, and it limits the start bar to one
> > screen.  I believe the mac does things like this.
>
> So what's wrong with one REALLY HUGE HEAD?  I.e. a 21" at 1600 x 1280 or
> so?
>
> Andrew (who has never had the urge to plug in more than one CRT to a
> single a machine, and who always buys 21" CRT's)

I'm with Dave...segmentation of work.  Put something that you'll always
need to look at occasionaly on one desktop...put work on another.  That
way, you'll never have to shuffle around desktops or move windows around
to uncover things.

And no matter how high of a resolution you've got or how big your tube is,
your "work" desktop will always be cluttered.