[rescue] octane question

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Tue Jan 15 09:53:20 CST 2002

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 04:18:31PM -0500, Big Endian wrote:
>
> > This is something to count on if you need texture.  This is why I got
> > a Crimson for doing high end graphics work that wasn't cpu intensive.
> > 2RM RE is *VERY* nice even w/ a 64MB/sec bus.  These benchmark almost
> > as fast (and 10 times better quality) as an SI+TRAM at $285 (still
> > have some VGXT crimsons left people, PLEASE relieve me of them they
> > are all 150mhz, might have 256mb ram, and they come w/ drivesleds.).

Well down the line if nobody takes em, I could use more RAM... the Crimson
was loaded, but the Power Series had only 64MB (I think... 2 sticks per
bank set)... but of course that's only a most tentative request heh :-).

Andrew

There are, of course, thousands of people who claim to be sys admins who
have the single "skill" of working it out from a gui tool. Ask these people
to move 500 users accounts or 300 virtual hosts from one machine to another
and they are as useful as chocolate firemen. -- Anonymous Coward on Slashdot
8/15/01

UNIX and cigarettes, both addictive and both contain tar.