[rescue] octane question

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Jan 15 01:26:14 CST 2002

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 04:18:31PM -0500, Big Endian wrote:

> This is something to count on if you need texture.  This is why I got
> a Crimson for doing high end graphics work that wasn't cpu intensive.
> 2RM RE is *VERY* nice even w/ a 64MB/sec bus.  These benchmark almost
> as fast (and 10 times better quality) as an SI+TRAM at $285 (still
> have some VGXT crimsons left people, PLEASE relieve me of them they
> are all 150mhz, might have 256mb ram, and they come w/ drivesleds.).

I'd love to take one of those, but I a) don't have $285 and b) while the
currant draw of my mess of computers isn't complained about now, if I got a
Crimson it certainly would be.  From what I hear, I just wouldn't be able to
afford to keep one running.  If it were an Onyx, well I couldn't really afford
that either, but I'd be willing to put up with turning it off when not in use
for that sort of power.

--
Joshua D. Boyd