[rescue] Re: Ultra 5

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Sun Jan 13 21:54:02 CST 2002

> The Intraserver/LSILogic cards are nice. Ultra160 SCSI is yummy. They've
> cut the price down to $489 for their Sun-ready card, but it no longer has
> dual internal connectors. They had triple internal connectors back when I
> was paying $600-700 for them. The drives I posted on sales at sunhelp were
> tested on one of those critters....

I have one of their IntraFlex U2W/Ethernet cards, too.  I really
like being able to connect a CDROM to one of the U2W channels
without having that channel kick down to Fast SCSI speeds.  That
saves a PCI slot (actually two, since I don't need to devote
a slot to Ethernet).

Since merging with LSI they've cut a lot of cards.  The combo
SCSI/Ethernet cards are no longer offered.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net