[rescue] Videopix/501-1706 again

Michael Dombrowski legodude at hammycorp.com
Fri Jan 11 22:18:04 CST 2002

I've picked up a cheap Videopix board after not having much luck with
Google, I've got the usual questions. I've got the drivers for this
thing and it seems to work in Solaris 8 with my SS10 but with no
application to actually pull pics out of the board I don't know if it
work. What kinda resolution/fps can one get out of the card? Does
having both RCA inputs active simply half the framerate? What kinda
machine is needed to keep up with these? Also, anybody know of a
source for really cheap cameras? Bare-pcb, no frills color or
grayscale is what I'm looking for though infared would also be neat.

Thanks
Mike