[rescue] OT: jobops in austin and dallas

Derrick D. Daugherty derrick at blinky-lights.org
Fri Jan 11 13:01:29 CST 2002

It's rumored that around Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 11:57:10AM -0500
Kurt Huhn <kurt at k-huhn.com> wrote:
> > when you smell the burning oil is it from exhaust or the eng block?  if
> > exhuast, be worried..if eng block..investigate... see if you can spot
> > it?  is it _in_ the exhaust? if so..welll..umm.. yer fucked if it's mroe
> > than normal :)
>
> Oil in exhaust ain't always bad - I had a Jetta once that developed
> buring-oil-in-exhaust, and I fixed by replacing the valve seals.  Not easy -
> but cheap.  It's possible that it could also be the head gasket - if you do
> that yourself, it's also cheap (but not exactly easy).

it freaked me out when i first got the 7 and checked the oil a couple
weeks later after a change and it was much lower.  then i find out their
designed to burn oil... whew.  but when i started getting coolant in the
exhuast fumes as well i knew i was screwed :\

note on the cluthless shifting.  i'm sure it's much harder on mine since
it is a racing clutch... i was so surprised when i drove my brother's
accord around at how the clutch was like butter.  very forgiving and
smooth.  i seem to have a binary cluth