[rescue] OT: jobops in austin and dallas

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Jan 11 12:20:27 CST 2002

> much to do with over revving the car, unless rack and pinions wear out
faster
> when put under higher RPMs.

Mostly, rings, pistons, cylinder walls, seals, chains, bearings, valves,
gears/sprockets etc.  All that internal voodoo that goes on inthe
block/heads that most people have no idea exists.

> > Skip Barber has an agreement with Lime Rock Park over in CT - This
coming
> > summer I'm going to head over there with the wife for a 2-day course.
He
> > does this in association with Dodge - and has Neon ACRs, Viper ACRs, and
> > Dakota Quad-cabs.  AFAIK, he's the only one that will teaches with
pickup
> > trucks (stock, not supertruck).
>
> ACRs?

American Club Racing.  It's a vehicle designation from Dodge that is
essentially a completely stock car with no option for extras.  You can't,
for instance, get; an automatic trans, a radio, leather seats, air
conditioning, etc.  No conviniences - all business.  Everything is manual -
'cause electronics add weight.  It only comes with one engine - the 2.0
hi-po Magnum I-4.

Kurt