[rescue] IPC Hell

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Fri Jan 11 10:40:18 CST 2002

On Fri, 2002-01-11 at 01:23, Joshua Snyder wrote:
> Well, he said he would give me one of them (I didn't $5 on me at the time).
> But I can tell that he is having second thoughts now that he knows both of
> the machines work.  I will tell what is worse, he has had the Indigo 2 since
> this summer, in fact it has just been sitting in his closet since September.

Not completely true.  First, i got the Indigo back around june, i
believe, and i have used it some, just not much, i'm waiting to install
a fresh copy of IRIX on it before i do much more.  I played quite a bit
with it, and got root (the password was not given to me). And i've
pulled it out of the closed once since september to test a monitor.
*ducks and avoids things being thrown at him*  As for the ultra1's, I
would not have gotten them for $5 if the guy knew that they worked, so
it stands to reason that now they are known to work that they are worth
more. (plus, i think one might be my new firewall, or at least an
interim one, and one is gonna be my new mail server)  I'm not completely
squandering my computing power, really, i'm doing pretty good at
utilizing it, but there's still more to be done.

	-Dan Sikorski