[rescue] OT: jobops in austin and dallas

Robert Rose rr at rits.com.au
Fri Jan 11 05:30:06 CST 2002

>Any idea what part(s) broke?  Rumour has it that Mazda is coming out with a
>Wankel powered Miata.  I like the idea - but as far as I know, Mazda has
>never fixed the apex seal problem...
Over here Mazda are sponsoring a turbo version of what we call the MX-5
(same thing as the miata) called the MX-5SP, mods are done after the cars
get off the boat from japan but before they hit the showroom.  We also have
a mob in Queensland doing a blown Lexus V8 in the MX-5 chassis with a
semi-reasonable body kit, see http://bullet.ion.tm/ for
piccies.  Personally I find the Audi TT roadsters mighty tasty myself, the
MX-5/miata is so unrefined compared to the european cars, and after
piloting an all-wheel-drive jobbie myself, why would you drive anything else?

Rob.