[rescue] OT: jobops in austin and dallas

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Jan 10 23:11:05 CST 2002

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 10:37:07PM -0600, Derrick D. Daugherty wrote:

> after several years of a standard i _still_ can't perfect the cluth-less
> gear shifting.

I got the hang of that in an old Sentra I used to drive.  Every now and then I
do it without thinking about it in my Jetta.

> > I think I'm developing an oil leak though.  Time to go back to the mechanic
> > again.
>
> where is hte oil leak?  replacing a gasket can be _easy_ and _cheap_

I don't know.  If I know what the problem is, I can compentently follow my
service manual to fix it, but I'm no good a diagnosing stuff.  I'm not getting
spots under it when it is parked, I just smell a whiff of burning oil sometimes
when driving.  I suppose that could mean head gasket is leaking...

--
Joshua D. Boyd