[rescue] OT: jobops in austin and dallas

Derrick D. Daugherty derrick at blinky-lights.org
Thu Jan 10 23:06:25 CST 2002

It's rumored that around Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 11:57:51PM -0500
George Adkins <george at webbastard.org> wrote:
> > after several years of a standard i _still_ can't perfect the cluth-less
> > gear shifting.
> >
> It's a tricky skill to learn, but I _had_ to learn it.  In '88 - '89 - '90
> the syncros in the transmission of my 1971 LB110 coupe were shot and I didn't
> have the money to replace them.  So, as the synchro's and the clutch slowly
> died (you had to _kick_ the clutch pedal to the firewall in order to get it
> into reverse or 1st) I learned to do the "clutchless shift" thing.
>
> I was poor.  I made due.

:D

i've heard so many stories of this :D   this is what led me to try and
perfect it...i can do the 1-2 thing...or 2-1..but not others... anthony,
a friend, did this for 1-3 on his porsche...it was an art.  i'm not that
in tune with my car unfortunately.

yoda of shifting you are.  mmm yes.