[rescue] OT: jobops in austin and dallas

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Thu Jan 10 22:57:51 CST 2002

> after several years of a standard i _still_ can't perfect the cluth-less
> gear shifting.

It's a tricky skill to learn, but I _had_ to learn it.  In '88 - '89 - '90
the syncros in the transmission of my 1971 LB110 coupe were shot and I didn't
have the money to replace them.  So, as the synchro's and the clutch slowly
died (you had to _kick_ the clutch pedal to the firewall in order to get it
into reverse or 1st) I learned to do the "clutchless shift" thing.

I was poor.  I made due.