[rescue] OT: jobops in austin and dallas

Derrick D. Daugherty derrick at blinky-lights.org
Thu Jan 10 22:40:48 CST 2002

It's rumored that around Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 11:37:56PM -0500
s at avoidant.org wrote:
> Joshua D Boyd wrote:
>
> > So, what exactly does all wheel drive get you on the road?  Better off the
> > line performance?
>

> How 'bout pure accelleration? I can literally cut my 0-60 in half by
> putting my Jeep in 4WD. Heh, on the topic of cars that're a lot faster
> than they need to be...
>
> A friend swapped the engine in his '71 Jeepster for one out of a Buick
> Grand National. I think his 0-60 in 4WD is something around 4 seconds.
> He calls it his funky four-wheel dragster.

pardon my swearing..but holy FUCK!  a grand national is a _dangerous_
beast..my god... a local friend of mine...he's unbeatable...it's like
dukes of hazard gone wild.   that is a _powerful_ beast.

it should be illegal.

i don't recall...is it turbo or super charged?

regardless, it's _insane_

the little grocery-getter that could