[rescue] IPC Hell

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Thu Jan 10 00:28:19 CST 2002

On Wed, 2002-01-09 at 22:05, Dan Sikorski wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-01-09 at 20:50, kurt at k-huhn.com wrote:
> > Could it be true?  Some listers have hit hardware critical mass?  More
> > machines than we know what to do with?
>
> as much as i hate to admit it, i currently have the following off-line
>
> sgi o2
> sgi indigo2
> two ultra1 creater3d's (just got today for $5 each!!!!)
> couplea ss5's
> couplea sparc classics
> sparcserver 470
> buncha misc. i386 shit
>
> yes, the sgi's are a sin, and i hope to get them runnin soon, and the
> ultra1's will be put to work once i figure out if there is actually
> something wrong with them (i was told that there was, but it seems that
> one just didn't have ram, and the other MAY have a bad HDD (on bootup,
> the root filesystem was trashed) But i have hight hopes for it all
> workin)

Oh, you lucky b******.  The only machines that I have offline are a few
SS2s, because I have 5 of them, and I haven't time nor drives to add
into them.  I don't suppose those Ultras have spare brackets that you
might want to sell/trade for some SCA hard drives, eh?  :)
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.