[rescue] IPC Hell

Linc Fessenden linc at thelinuxlink.net
Wed Jan 9 21:34:19 CST 2002

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002 kurt at k-huhn.com wrote:

> > Well, a new HDD and installation #10 did the job!  I now have a new
> > (old) IPC with 48 megs of ran and a 2 gig hdd.  Now, what to do with it
> > :-)
> >

> Could it be true?  Some listers have hit hardware critical mass?  More
> machines than we know what to do with?
>
> I personally have 7 (yes 7) intel boxen of various form factors that are
> doing *nothing* right now.  Feh, on intel boxen!

I hit critical mass a long time ago..  At this point I am looking to round
out my collection and get some of my non working systems working and
usefull. (or at least useable)..  As far as the i386 garden variety PC
goes I constantly get them dumped off on me and I simply refurb, clean and
rebuild them to give away.  Gave an entire i386 setup this Christmas to my
neighbor, my daughter and my sister-in-law.  Before that it was 10 compaq
p100ds and 7 or 8 mac 52xx/xxx's I found homes for.. and so on.. :-)

 -Linc Fessenden