[rescue] ID this array, anyone?

Adam Kropelin akropel1 at rochester.rr.com
Wed Jan 9 17:41:29 CST 2002

He's got a whole lot of overpriced stuff for sale and the details are always
scarce and/or innacurate. I just broke the news to him that he's advertising
a RAID array that is actually JBOD. I think I'll hold out for something more
like you describe. I really just need 8 f/w or u/w SCA bays with proper
cooling. I'm currently using a bare backplane with no cabinet. Major
hack-job. It's a good test, though: Every once in a while a drive works its
way loose and the array starts running degraded. Fix the problem and all is
well. It's a good confidence builder if nothing else.

--Adam