[rescue] Alphastation. With link this time, thanks

Eric Johnson rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jan 7 16:24:54 CST 2002

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Eric Dittman wrote:

> > http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1318155727
> >

> > Is this a worth while machine? An equivlant Sun would cost twice that. Ultra
> > 1,170.......
>
> The 21064A is an EV45 processor.  The speed is okay, depending
> on what you want to do with the box.

I have not run benchmarks, but in my opinion, this is a MUCH slower
machine than an Ultra 1 170. It should beat a faster (in MHz) multia for
any real use.

-- Eric Johnson

"... man will occasionally stumble over the truth,
    but usually manages to pick himself up,
    walk over or around it, and carry on"
    -- Winston Churchill