[rescue] RE: Alphastation. With link this time, thanks

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jan 7 16:21:35 CST 2002

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, dave venable wrote:

> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1318155727
>
> Is this a worth while machine? An equivlant Sun would cost twice that. Ultra
> 1,170.......

Looks like a nice machine, but not amazing. I wouldn't go over $100 for it
myself. I have a 250 4/266 that's very nice, but it was an unreproducible
bargain.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1318687784 might be
slightly better, as it has a CDROM drive and floppy drive and the key. The
seller has lower feedback, but he does advertise it as working vs as-is,
and shipping is a bit cheaper too.

No connection to either, of course; and I won't be competing on either
auction :) Too many alphas already (if there is such a thing).

--Rob (still got an Alphastation 600 to sell, bay area pickup only)

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows