[rescue] how to use a NAT/PAT to forward SSH to an internal box

George Adkins rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jan 6 13:13:54 CST 2002

> > The intent here is to provide a _transparent_ method to access hosts on a
> > remote RFC1918 network via SSH by hostname alone, without using
> > additional live IP's or non-standard ports.
>
> Using that vauge definition of your requirements, and sticking solely to
> the hostname/standard-ports part as the strictest limit, there is no
> possible way to do what you want without re-engineering the SSH
> protocol and thus the software used as well.  Just like I said.

Ahh, now I understand...
this isn't a discussion about solutions to problems, this your chance to
prove that you were "right all along" and "obviously more intelligent".
Okay, you win.
I hereby publicly admit that Mr. Woods is smarter than I will ever be, and
understands my problem better than I do.  That I (in my minute and childlike
understanding) will never be able to solve this problem in a meaningful
manner, and that I should change the problem to suit Mr. Woods' solution.
Oh, and that my gonads are smaller too...