[rescue] Re: Semi-OT: AlphaServer rescue question

D.A. Muran-de Assereto rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jan 4 18:26:44 CST 2002

Been running it on a pair of PC164's for a couple of years now. Quite stable
and fast. One of the machines handles my routine web/mail/news server stuff,
the other does web-mirroring with rsync, etc.
Not all of the ports collection works with Alpha. Occasionally, one of the
386 committers will commit a hostile patch to us Alphans. Had some success
with X, gnome, and KDE in testing, but since they're servers, I don't use
them much except for remote display echoing.
Overall, quite satisfied with it.

Dave Muran-de Assereto