[rescue] Success!!!

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 2 16:27:30 CST 2002

On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 01:29:55PM -0500, Andrew Weiss wrote:

> Speaking of RM's... do you have that connector board to connect the second
> one.  You gave me an extra RM to convert the Power series to a VGXT, but I
> was wondering about that board that connects the two together.
>
> Are there any manuals for the Crimson VGXT listing connectors, etc,
> installation instructions... etc.  Also I was wondering how one sets up
> the monitor, keyboard and mouse in a typical setup... where do the cables
> come out?... i.e. does one have to keep the front door open?... That would
> be kind of ugly I would think.

There is a trough/tunnel/open space on the bottom right hand side of the
machine (assuming you are looking at it from the front).  You are supposed to
run all your cables through that to out the back of the machine.  Of course,
for various reasons, it maybe desireable to have cable running out the front
(say for drawing tablets or other serial devices w/o long enough cables, or
to keep video and audio cables as short as possible), in which case you either
have to keep the door open or you will need to mod it.

As to "I was wondering how one sets up the monitor, keyboard and mouse in a
typical setup", I'm not sure exactly what you mean.  Usually the mouse plugs
into the keyboard, and the keyboard into the labeled port on the machine, and
the monitor into what is hopefully also a labeled port on the machine.  If not
labeled, look for 3 BNC connectors that if you lower the expansion port door
have a cable running from them to the graphics cards.

If you have detailed questions about the Powerseries, GTX, VGTX, or other such
machines, the Aussie GIS department seems willing to answer some questions, but
I recommend exausting all other sources first.

--
Joshua D. Boyd