[rescue] happy new years and shit like that

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 2 13:20:12 CST 2002

On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 02:47:40PM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:
> Suggest $ORK install terminal servers on all big-headless iron and find a
> way for those terminal servers to be accessed from the outside.

All the Sun boxen are on a console server; the DEC stuff isnt.. I'm going
to emphasize that it be put on such asap. 8-)

> If I were in your shoes, I would have told the boss to find someone else.

I would have, but I *couldnt*.  A month ago, we had 6 people.  One got laid
off.  Two contractors got "terminated" early.  That left me and two other
guys - one of which took a 30-day vacation ("Use up all your vacation time
by the end of the year, or lose it"; he'd had this planned for 2-3 months)
the week after the layoffs.  That left me, and one other guy.  The other guy
had been working on it for 4 hours already, and had gone home with the flu.

There was nobody else. 8-(

Bill

--
Bill Bradford