[rescue] Success!!!

Big Endian rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 2 09:07:49 CST 2002

>Sitting in the hallway sponged down.  Going to try some solvents to
>get the scratches out.  Looks beautiful.  Note too all, Armor All
>works great on computers... :-) Now I'm seeing about getting a 20 A
>receptacle added to the building... I'm kind of unwilling to bend a
>prong just to plug it in.  (I like my stuff intact including power
>cables).

You can make annother one that'll take 15A service.  They are simple
parts at an electrical supply house (Branch Electric, etc)

>  So where's that IRIX image?... and are there special burning instructions?.

DOA at the moment.  I'm working on that.

>I might be down next weekend or the following to get the other one
>from the 'rents.  NEED monitor cable... :-)

Don't have any, sorry.  All I got were 13W3 to 13w3.  I don't have
any BNC -> 13w3.  I'm still badgering the guy.

>... couldn't test the monitor because the Sparc LX doesn't like it.
>It comes on ok no smoke... but is in perpetual sleep... (sync on
>green?).

Yes it is SOG.

>  Also which of the ports does the monitor cable hook to?... the set
>of 4 BNC's or 3?

Should be the set of 3.  The set of 4 includes a seperate alpha
channel.  Not sure why... Josh?

>  Which HD slot is Bus 0?... top or bottom?... and could I possibly
>get more drive faceplate covers... the narrow ones work for the
>wides just put two side by side... they were meant to be used on
>every port.

Bottom.  I'll see how many I have left over.

daniel