[rescue] those who should be shot

Mike Hebel nimitz at owc.net
Thu Feb 28 20:27:20 CST 2002

>> 2) The case is used for something that is totally unrelated to
>> computing - especially the system's original function.  It's one thing
>> to use a dead carcass to store your beer in, but if you put any other
>> computer system in it you might as well have taken the time to do the
>> system justice by restoring it.

ED> Now, now, what's the problem with taking a Wintel
ED> system with a dead motherboard and an ATX case
ED> and sticking an AXi in it?

Hmmm...you have a good point.  It would _improve_ the quality of the
system greatly IMHO.  But as always there are exceptions to the rule.
*shrug*

I personally would like to build a system like the one in the John
Brunner novel The Shockwave Rider.  The system was a series of
chips/modules connected on the wall by conductive paint.  Of course
you wouldn't be able to take your system with you when you moved...

Mike                         mailto:nimitz at owc.net