[rescue] RE: Determining the country of orgin for IP address(es) (fwd)

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Feb 28 08:08:49 CST 2002

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 03:46:31PM -0600, Eric Johnson wrote:
> I know there was some discussion of this topic on this list the other day.
> I hope that this is helpful to someone. (Information from the
> SecurityFocus incidents mailing list.)
>
> -- Eric Johnson

Or alternatively, you could telnet to plough.barnyard.co.uk port 2323 and
give it an IP to look up.  It only knows about addresses allocated by RIPE
at the moment, cos that's all I need it for myself, but if someone can
point me at plain-text files containing the appropriate data for ARIN and
APNIC's ranges, I'll add them.

If you find any bugs, please let me know.

That's a prototype of something we're working on for doing rights management
for streaming things like coverage of the Olympics.  It's sitting on my
home box cos I have a saner development environment there :-)

--
David Cantrell | Benevolent Dictator | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

May your blessings always outweigh your blotches!
    -- Dianne van Dulken,
       in alt.2eggs.sausage.beans.tomatoes.2toast.largetea.cheerslove