[rescue] Re: Re: Determining the country of orgin for IP address(es)

James Sharp jsharp at psychoses.org
Wed Feb 27 22:09:54 CST 2002

> We had a manager/director/vp or something today cut and paste a web page
> (moderately clean html) into a Word 2000 doc file and send it out to the
> entire company, half of whom are on Linux or Solaris and don't have Office
> 2000 installed on those OSes. Gotta love the economy of resources where a
> big attachment half the people can't use is preferred to a 60-byte url
> that everyone can use.

I fought that battle tonight and lost.

Problem:  Cutting cost on a publication.

Solution: Make it available electronically.
  subset of solution:  Turn it into a word document & email it to
everyone.

Document is often 8-10mb in size due to formatting & images.  Mailing list
is 100+ people.  85-90% of the recipients are on dialup 28.8-33.6 dialup.

Result:  James's head explodes. *BLAM*