[rescue] Re: Computing Furniture Applications

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Feb 27 15:56:44 CST 2002

> High Volume Low Pressure - it uses a *lot* of low-pressure air to
> propell the paint, rather than a *little* low pressure air.

Crap - I realized what I typed and I got it all FUD.  HVLP is low-pressure
air - usually using a turbine or some such to generate the amount of air
needed.  Traditional sprayers use high-pressure air, sometimes up to 90psi,
to propell the paint.

HVLP guns are also available for normal compressors, and require much lower
pressure settings - making them ideal for less expensive (read cheap)
compressors.

Kurt