[rescue] Re: Computing Furniture Applications

Chad Fernandez fernande at internet1.net
Wed Feb 27 12:59:22 CST 2002

Bill Bradford wrote:
> HVLP?
>
> We already wore out our Wagner "power painter" and are looking for something
> a little more durable/quality.  Need to paint basically the entire house.

Bill, I think Wagner may make an HVLP gun, but the common Wagner Power
Painters aren't HVLP, they are airless.  HVLP stand for High Volume Low
Pressure.  The first ones I saw were the mega $$$ units used with
aircraft finishes.  Over the last 10 years or so, many lesser expensive
units have been made.  I think it was 96 or 97 that I started seeing
them at Lowes.

If your going to paint a house, a Wagner Power Painter will work, but
it's pain.  I did a 2 story garage that way.  I'd suggest one of the
units, from whatever company, that uses a large motor, rather than the
vibrating technology that the handheld Wagners use.  Wagner actually
makes both types.  I should have purchased the larger type when I bought
my hand held Wagner.

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA