[rescue] HP 715/50 serial console

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Feb 26 08:13:02 CST 2002

On Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 04:48:20PM -0500, Steve Sandau wrote:
> Oh, *that's* what the button on the side is for! I really was just
> wondering that today. I know it's not the power switch and it's not the
> case lock. *chuckle*
>
> How does this work? Don't spend lots of time on a response if this is
> just a RTFM thing...
>
> Is kinda funny that I was just looking at that button a couple of hours
> ago...

Sorry, just getting to sorting through back long a messages that deserved more
than a 1 line reply.

The short of the TOC button is you hold if for 10 seconds after you hit power
and it forces the machine to use the serial console.  At least, that is what
a post to one linux porting list said.

--
Joshua D. Boyd