[rescue] list dictatorship (topic change)

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Tue Feb 26 00:22:11 CST 2002

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 10:27:22PM -0700, Gary Nichols wrote:
> I sense that you're holding something back Brian.  How do you REALLY
> feel about this?  :-)

well, just so you know, i've expressing these exact same feelings on our
group's mail list at work, so it's being shoved in their faces at the very
least. ;)

> What you need to solve your pains is a good ol' fashioned SAS/70
> audit.  Those auditors will have you slam the door on your developers
> access to production faster than a bad burrito going through an
> intestinal track.
>
> SOMEtimes getting audited is a good thing(tm).

give us another month first though.  there are far too many things that need
to be done before an audit.  mostly since we don't have a lot of things in place
and so to tighten certain holes down would make the administration of the
systems a little painful.

although they FINALLY closed down free ssh access from anywhere and now limit
it to the static IP addresses of the admins' home networks. :)

-brian

--
"Oh, shut up Buddha."  -Jesus Christ (South Park)