[rescue] Re: Why .* sucks (was Re: FDDI card)

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Feb 25 21:41:46 CST 2002

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 10:12:25PM -0500, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 07:00:58PM -0800, Robert Novak wrote:
> >
> > > Even the front of the screen?
> >
> > Mmmm, Joo Janta 2000 Peril-Sensitive Video Display. :)
>
> the onyx i picked up has a Sirius video rig.  i have not been able to get the
> Sirius Cybernetics Corporation out of my head ever since. :)

OK, now I went from thinking that was a cool haul to being seriously jealeous.

With that board, you can import CCIR 601 video, apply both OpenGL imaging
operations (done in hardware) and 3D operations, and spit it back out in
CCIR 601 format again, without breaking a sweat, all the while in 10bit color
(on the IO, internal operations can be done in 16bit).

You are now required to make sure you get an extremely highspeed (at least 150
megs/sec sustained) harddrive array if you are going to own a Sirius card.

--
Joshua D. Boyd