The last word on fast trucks (was RE: [rescue] farting in the shower)

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Feb 25 13:10:40 CST 2002

Kurt--
The worst part (in my opinion) of the off-topic
posts is that you and a few others sometimes have
*very* relevant on-topic contributions--so I can't
just killfile everything you write when you go
off on a long OT tangent and WON'T FREAKIN' STOP.

I'm working on adapting my spam filters to catch
off-topic crap on rescue@ --so that I don't just
have to killfile *everything* from certain people
to escape the egregious off-topic posts.  I *want*
to read the on-topic posts from everyone.

It sure would be easier, though, if we tried to
limit things like the rules that mrbill just posted.
If you want to make a side comment that's great...
but it might be best for it to "head on over to
geeks@" from the beginning.  MHO only, of course--
there's something to be said for more "human" (and
less technical) interaction on the list.

  --Rip (and if (when) you reply to this, you'll
    get the last word...because I'm going to start
    playing with filters and I'll probably never
    see it.)