[rescue] FDDI card

Big Endian bigendian at mac.com
Mon Feb 25 11:42:54 CST 2002

>We can all argue about our favorite and non-favorite hardware until
>the cows come home, but there's no reason at all to insult others
>while doing it.  Everyone has specific uses for specific hardware;
>x86 may suck, but heck, I'd rather give a 12-year-old an x86 box
>running Linux than not give him anything at all - budding *nix hackers
>are better than more people on welfare, for example.

This I have to agree with.  My first experience w/ this stuff was on
x86.  It was free (dumpster).  It may suck now that I have other,
better systems but I still think that x86 being cheap (free in most
cases of my x86 stuff) its better to use for when you need 11 pci
slots and don't have an E450 around.  I would definately take the
E450 over the Proliant 6k that I was just given but not if I had to
pay $1.2-20k for it.

daniel