[rescue] FDDI card

Kenneth Dunn luser at xtra.co.nz
Mon Feb 25 04:50:59 CST 2002

On 25 Feb 2002, Drew Whittle wrote:

> > I agree. Though not necessary to the point of it needing to
> > serial. Plain character totally.
>
> No insult intended but you remind me of my boss.

None taken.

> Our Server room: 10 x servers, 1 x 4 port KVM.
>
> Me: "I want a terminal server for the servers"

> Boss: "I'll get another KVM"
>
> Me: "No I _WANT_ a terminal server"

I know what a terminal server is. They run Windows 2000 and you have
to ring Microsoft to get new TS CALs every time you connect a different
computer - unless it is running Windows 2000 Professional :-)

But seriously I've never used a real terminal server, never had a
use for one so far.

The VAXstation I have will be serial console once I get it up and
running, as will be the IPX if I decide to buy it. But not because
I want remote control.