[rescue] Sun3 prom images and burners [was: Unpopular speech and Screwy SparcStation LX]

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Sun Feb 24 13:04:51 CST 2002

>Also, if I want a eprom burned and I don't have a burner, what sort of
business
>am I looking for in the phone book to do it?  I'd like to update the boot
roms

Companies that do embedded systems development, especially ones that have
been around long enough to have old designs requiring eproms.  There are
quite a few people on the list with prom burners (myself included) that
would help you out.

>in a pair of my Sun3s (if I upgrade the 3/200 board, I can boot it from
CD-ROM,

http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick/data/bootroms.html has the 3/2x0 rom
image, but not the last version for the 3/80.

newell