[rescue] IRIX and FastNIC 100?

jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Sun Feb 24 07:02:18 CST 2002

On 23 Feb, Robert Novak wrote:

> I picked up a FastNIC 100 EISA ethernet adapter (Grand Junction model
> G110, later Cisco). I've seen mention of IRIX drivers for this card, but
> haven't actually found them.
The card that was mentioned here is the 3COM EISA FastEthernet card.
This card was also sold by Phobos. The only (?) difference from the
Phobos to the 3COM is the MAC address. The driver refuses to work with
a non Phobos MAC address card, but you can patch the driver... So you
are only in luck when this card is just an other OEM version of the
3COM card.
--

tschuess,
          Jochen