[rescue] IRIX and FastNIC 100?

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Sat Feb 23 20:11:51 CST 2002

Hi folks,

I picked up a FastNIC 100 EISA ethernet adapter (Grand Junction model
G110, later Cisco). I've seen mention of IRIX drivers for this card, but
haven't actually found them.

A Seybold report from fall 1995 says:

	For people who own SGI Indy workstations, Grand Junction offers a
	network adapter card, the FastNIC 100, which is an EISA card that
	allows the platform to use Fast Ethernet. This board lists for
	$495. The software driver for the board is available separately
	from Icon West for $495.

I saw another reference to 5.x drivers, although I can't find it now three
hours later ;)

Does anybody know offhand if this is close enough to the G100 to use the
Phobos/Sonicwall drivers for IRIX, or does anyone know where to find IRIX
6.2 drivers for this card if they exist?

Thanks,
Rob