[rescue] Another Solaris question

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sat Feb 23 20:10:38 CST 2002

I'm reading some of the Solaris8 Manuals on docs.sun.com.

The System Administration Guide, Volume 1 says under How to Load a CD:
Insert the CD. Shortly after the light stops flashing (about five to ten seconds), the CD is mounted to /cdrom. To verify that the CD is mounted, perform the task  How to Examine the Contents of a CD .

Well, there is no /cdrom.  Also, maybe this is my linux view showing, but there
is no entry in /etc/vfstab.  How do I mount my CDs under Solaris 8?

--
Joshua D. Boyd