[rescue] Sun serial board

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sat Feb 23 14:43:55 CST 2002

On Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 02:59:39PM -0500, Andrew Sydelko wrote:
> You should be able to see the device with 'prtconf' and whether or not a
> driver has attached to it.
>
> /usr/platform/sun4u/sbin/prtdiag should also list off all sbus cards.

What appears to the be relevent output from prtconf
    iommu, instance #0
        sbus, instance #0
            espdma, instance #0
                esp, instance #0
                    sd (driver not attached)
                    st (driver not attached)
                    sd, instance #0
                    sd, instance #1 (driver not attached)
                    sd, instance #2 (driver not attached)
                    sd, instance #3
                    sd, instance #4 (driver not attached)
                    sd, instance #5 (driver not attached)
                    sd, instance #6 (driver not attached)
            audio, instance #0 (driver not attached)
            SUNW,bpp, instance #0 (driver not attached)
            ledma, instance #0
                le, instance #0
            spif (driver not attached)
            cgthree, instance #0 (driver not attached)

So, the OS sees that the card is there, but it hasn't attached a driver.
Practically, what does that mean for me?  And what is the next step.

Also, I have a /usr/platform/sun4u directory, but there is no sbin
sub-directory.  And /usr/platform/sun4m/sbin doesn't have prtdiag in it.
I thought I'd check that since I am using a sun4m machine not a 4u with this
serial board.  find / -name "prtdiag" doesn't return anything either.

--
Joshua D. Boyd