[rescue] Fry's

Kenneth Dunn luser at xtra.co.nz
Fri Feb 22 23:17:39 CST 2002

> As I have said before, I have never had an IRQ conflict or an I/O port
> conflict with a SPARC. ;) I have an E450 at work with 4 SCSI cards, 12
> disk drives and 2 tape drives. It was relatively easy to set up. (I did
> once have 4 different SCSI cards in a Linux box, but it took me a week
> to do it, and I almost killed someone. Had 28 SCSI CDROM drives.
> Actually, I haven't really been the same since...)

4 SCSI cards and 28 SCSI CDROMs is hardly "normal" for an over
glorified PeeCee. For what they are designed for I've found most
PeeCees good at what they intended for (barring those running Win3.x,
Win9x/Me, WinNT OSes).

Outside of the very rare XFree86 crash (OS still runs), I have no
problems that don't exist on other platforms with my PeeCees
running Linux.