[rescue] Fry's

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Fri Feb 22 18:45:57 CST 2002

> > <snip>
> > agreed (about whining, sniveling price-matching extortionists)
> > I personally would tell them something like:
> > "Then what the *hell* are you doing shopping here?"
> >
> > > I no longer work in the shop anymore, so that's not a problem. People
> > > expect a Sun or a Mac to cost more then a PC. They don't seem to realize
> > > that for the same reason they cost more, PC parts of higher quality brands
> > > cost more.
> > >
> > They make higher quality PeeCee parts?
> > The last time I checked, even the best PeeCee parts were still crap.
>
> I beg to differ. I have an IBM x200 at work with Windows 2000 on it
> acting as our file server.
>
> Have had an uptime of over 90 days, and only rebooted to install software.
> I've not had the machine crash, applications yes. The machine is awesome
> for an over glorified PC.

I figured George was lumping the architecture together with the parts.
If so, I am definitely on his side. However, to me, Packard Hell !=
Dell|Gateway|Compaq.

As I have said before, I have never had an IRQ conflict or an I/O port
conflict with a SPARC. ;) I have an E450 at work with 4 SCSI cards, 12
disk drives and 2 tape drives. It was relatively easy to set up. (I did
once have 4 different SCSI cards in a Linux box, but it took me a week
to do it, and I almost killed someone. Had 28 SCSI CDROM drives.
Actually, I haven't really been the same since...)

--
Steve Sandau
ssandau at bath.tmac.com