[rescue] Indy question

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Fri Feb 22 12:14:13 CST 2002

> math is the same, but indigo2 prices are the different.  you'd be very
> lucky to unload even a top notch indigo2 for US$200.  i recently
> scored a 250mhz i2 for 3,000 yen.  that and a couple 100 yen make for
> a pretty cheap sgi set up -- assuming you have the monitor already.
> indigos will cost you about 10,000 yen.

Well, if that's the case, I'll send you my 10,000 yen Indigo, which is
apparently very valuable in your market, and you send me a couple of those
250mhz Indigo2's in trade and keep the change for your trouble...
Oh, BTW, this one's equipped with a 9 gig 7200 rpm disk, XZ graphics and 384
Megs of RAM, so the I2's need to come back similarly equipped.

> really cheap would be the indy.  1,500 yen.  what with all the octanes
> and indigo2s flooding the used market, no one wants these anymore.

except that the quality of the indy is crap, (as in excrement...).  This is
why they are (and have always been) cheap.  The power supplies are cheap and
weak, the airflow and cooling in them sucks, try to find reasonably priced
higher-end 24 bit graphics for them, the case is cheap stamped sheet-metal,
the processors are often R4600PC based, (which suck), there's only really
room for one disk...  Need I go on?

I'd almost rather use a PeeCee...

George