[rescue] Sun help please

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Fri Feb 22 12:00:23 CST 2002

> > Don't think so. The AAUI I have on a Mac Centris is lika a miniature
> > version of the AUI on my SPARCS and old PeeCee cards...
>
> Maybe we're talking the same thing but the AAUI on my Quadra 840AV, and my
> Powermac 8100's is like a 1 cm wide centronics female d shaped connector
> with pinch clip hooks.  It attaches to a dongle with an RJ-45 Jack ... the
> dongle is made by Asante.

That does actually sound like what I stuck on the back of the Centris.
(Now that you describe it and I think about it.) I didn't look at it for
a real long time; I was too excited to get it on the network. Just
grabbed the spare Centris out of my car, and it does indeed look like a
mini Centronics port.

Unfortunately, not the same as a regular AUI.

--
Steve Sandau
IS Technician, TMA Bath, Maine
ssandau at bath.tmac.com