[rescue] Sun help please

Phil Schilling phils at gcstech.net
Fri Feb 22 05:59:31 CST 2002

Kenneth Dunn wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Brian Hechinger wrote:
>

> > > At the back of the monitor are what appears to be an AUI port, a high
> > > density 50 pin SCSI port, a (serial?) port marked "A/B", Sun sound
> > > and keyboard ports.
> >
> > sounds right.
>
> Can I used an Apple AAUI to RJ45 converter/transceiver to hook it
> up to my network ? I ask because I see one on an NZ online auction
> but can't tell if the sub DB plug is the same.
>
> > you only need to Y-splitter if you want to use serial port B.  serial A is
> > available as normal.  connect a null-modem to it, and you should be set.
>
> The socket on the Sun is female, so all I need is a gender bender
> to use a regular null modem ?
Kenneth,
	I have used standard AUI/RJ45 converters on Mac's.  I would have to guess that
the reverse would work.  And I use a gender bender on my null modem cable to
connect to sparcstations all the time.

Phil
--
"I talk to myself, and when I do that, I know I am talking to an
           an intelligent person" - Nelson DeMille

        Phil Schilling - GCS Tech - phils at gcstech.net